✓ Save up to £ 700 ✓ Special team discounts Register now »
More talks in the program:
FaaS functions on Kubernetes are increasingly popular. We often talk about the developer productivity advantages, such as the time to create a useful application from scratch without learning a lot about Kubernetes.
In this talk, we will focus on the operational aspects of serverless applications on Kubernetes. What does it take to use serverless functions in Production safely and at scale? This talk covers six specific approaches, patterns, and best practices that you can use with any FaaS/Serverless framework. These practices are geared towards improving quality, reducing risk, optimizing costs, and generally moving you closer towards production-readiness with serverless systems.
Our discussion covers:
- Declarative configuration
- Live-reload for fast feedback
- Record-replay for testing and debugging
- Canary Deployments to reduce the risk and impact of application changes
- Monitoring with metrics and tracing
- Cost optimization – we’ll show how you can make different cost-performance trade offs; we’ll also discuss what the defaults choices imply and how to fine tune them.